- What is Version Controll System?
- Why we need Version Controll System?
- Non-distributed vs Distributed VCS
- Git Installation & Configuration
- Git Workflow
- Git Commands
What is Version Controll System (VCS)?
- to follow changes in a Project
- Project can be anything that contains a file, a folder or bunch of files and folders
- Development, Book Writing, Illustration, etc.
Why we need VCS?
- Project Report, Project Report 2, Project Report222, Project Report2222_final, Project_Report2222_finallll
- more than one Author
- long-distance Working
- keep logs for Who,What,When
Non-distributed vs distributed
- one master(main repository) on server (Subversion, CVS)
- everyone has copy(clone) of master on local machine, and master on server (Git, Mercurial)
- Distributed VCS
- Efficient, Fast
- Created by Linus Torvalds
- Open Source & Free
Hosted Solutions (Platforms)
: Atlassian, small team: private repo
: Open Source, More updated
Git Installation & Configuration
- sudo apt-get install git
get more detail
- git config --global user.name YOURNAME
to check: git config --global user.name
- git config --global user.email EMAIL
to check: git config --global user.email
- git [command] --help (e.g: git config --help)
- git help [command] (e.g: git help config)
The command list is a bit long. Because of this we will implement a sample. to get step of this implementation and for more detailed information please visit this page.
Thank you for your attention
Muhammed Olcay TERCANLI
Use a spacebar or arrow keys to navigate